Sunday, December 26, 2010

June 2010 - Cameron Highland

11th June 2010

We had a short getaway to Malaysia. After months of waiting, we finally booked the hotel rooms at Cameron Highland which was so difficult to book. I was pretty excited; the first overseas trip with D and it is his first overseas trip with my family.

We set off on the 11th June night via second link, Tuas with the total head count 26.





We reached Cameron Highland in the early morning at 0700 hrs. It was a pretty tiring journey, as the air con was pretty cold too. The journey up the hill was alright because we were still sleeping and it was a relief.

Once we reached the peak, we stopped for breakfast and had a short market trip. The weather was wonderful with the mist. We settled for cheap breakfast, I really mean CHEAP. I had a bowl of soup noodles for RM2.50 and a cup of warm milo for RM1.00. I did not expect much from the food as long as they can keep me warm.




After breakfast, we shopped around the street market and I believe their stuffs are fresher than what we have in Singapore. We had raw sweet corn too and they tasted yummy.






After that we went to a nearby Tea Plantation, love the fluffy clouds. The weather was less humid but the sun ray was like poking into my skin.







Look at the fluffy cloud again.

These are the xiao bu dians.


Rose farm after that; I will let the pictures do the talking.












Bee farm


Strawberry Farm





I did not manage to take pictures of the individual dishes but these are some of what we have.

Catus Farm







The weather did not do us any justice and it started to rain. So we check into Rainbow Hotel (2 stars), was told that that was the second hotel with the lift.

The hotel isn’t really fantastic but we are only staying for a night. We slacked around in the room before proceeding to the Temple located behind the hotel.








The man said that the brushes have the shape of the dragon.
The man told us that there was a monk who stood there for 3 years(the same position) before he died and he had his footsteps printed on the concrete floor, but the prints had faded we have to study the prints. Spot it if you can.
My niece spotted these birdnests.

The niece with the winter wear.

Steamboat for dinner.


The picture of the day, the cousin scare we paiseh him and close the door with him.

We ended the night with whole body massage, damn shiock BUT I woke up with bruises all over my back due to the intense massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment